Door Replacement: Considerations and Costs
If your home’s entrance is no longer functioning well, either aesthetically or practically, you may be thinking about replacing the front door. Replacing your front door is a fairly straightforward process that can add value, improve performance, and enhance the overall appearance of your property.
Before you rip out your old door, it’s important to consider the factors that impact a replacement door, the benefits of a new door, as well as the costs associated with a new front door. In this blog, we will delve into each of these areas, providing you with the information you need to make an informed decision about your next investment.
What are the reasons for replacing your front door?
As the entrance to your home, your front door is the first thing people see when they look at your property. Your front door plays an important role in the kerb appeal of your property as well as its security and thermal performance so it’s important to choose the right one. There are many reasons to replace your front door including:
- Energy efficiency- As time passes, your door may not be conserving energy as well as it should be. To prevent heat loss and to keep costs down a new front door might be due. A new insulated door can help you save money on your energy bills while keeping your home comfortable all year round by acting as a thermal barrier.
- Security- Is your door damaged or not functioning properly? If that’s the case, it’s time to consider getting a new one. Take a close look at your door and check for any signs of vulnerability. A new front door equipped with advanced security features, such as a multipoint locking system, can effectively deter any unwanted visitors.
- Aesthetics- Not only will a new door improve the performance and security of your home but it will also enhance its aesthetic appeal. With so many options available on the market, you’re bound to find the perfect door for your property.
- Durability- Exposure to harsh weather can damage your front door. Cracks or swelling indicate moisture and will affect your door’s durability.
- Added property value- A new front door can significantly increase your property’s value. The cost of a new door will depend on the material, colour, glazing, and hardware options you choose.
How can Sherborne help you?
At Sherborne, we offer a vast selection of high quality doors, including uPVC, aluminium, composite, and timber doors. You can choose from a wide range of styles, such as front & back doors, sliding doors, French doors, and bifold doors. Our doors are available in different glass and design options, making them suitable for any kind of property. Additionally, our doors are custom-made to your exact specifications and requirements to ensure a perfect fit.
Expertly crafted, all of our doors are designed with performance in mind. Capable of achieving incredibly low U-values and fantastic energy ratings, our doors effectively work to retain heat whilst saving you money in the long run. Security also comes as standard with our doors as they come fully equipped with multipoint locking systems and quality hardware, so you can enjoy complete peace of mind knowing that you and your family are protected from any unwanted visitors.
Why choose Sherborne for your door replacement?
As a family-run business with over 30 years of experience, we pride ourselves on providing homeowners in Hampshire, Surrey, London, and Berkshire with quality installations, exceptional customer service, and competitive pricing. Committed to delivering nothing but excellence, all of our products are designed to the highest standards. For more information on how we can help with your next home improvement project, then contact a member of our team today. You can also visit one of our showrooms to browse our extensive product range for yourself.